Welcome to the
Century Cycle Challenge 2017
Charity Bike Ride
Saturday 29th April 2017
Following on from the huge fundraising success of the Century Cycle Challenge riders five years ago, we are thrilled to once again be supporting Teenage Cancer Trust. With your help, the Teenage Cancer Trust Unit at the Leicester Royal Infirmary was opened and five years on their work with young people is going from strength to strength, supporting hundreds of local young people with cancer before, during and after treatment. Sadly, for every young person they currently support, there is another they can’t reach. Young people shouldn’t face cancer alone, and with your help, we can make sure they don’t.
There is a special message on the welcome plasma screen at the entrance to the TCT unit to all the riders who raised money thanking them for their efforts.
Whilst there is no obligation to raise money for charity, this is a charity bike ride and we would dearly love you to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust. All the money raised will go directly to helping the continuing work at The Leicester Royal Infirmary unit.
Three distance options:
- 100 mile ride from the Middle Playing Fields, Uppingham School, Leicestershire (satnav is LE15 9TW) to The Jolly Sailor, Brancaster Staithe – Entry fee £50
- 50 mile ride starting from and finishing at The Jolly Sailor, Brancaster Staithe – Entry fee £35
- 25 mile ride starting from and finishing at The Jolly Sailor, Brancaster Staithe – Entry fee £20
- Children under the age of 14 taking part in the 25 mile ride will be free of charge. There is no obligation but If you would like to make a discretionary donation to the charity in lieu of the registration cost please visit – www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CCC2017
- Please feel free to set up your own Just Giving, pages (please let us have a copy of the link) or donate through the CCC page via www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CCC2017
- The ride will end at The Jolly Sailors where there will be a cash bar, BBQ food to purchase and a heated marquee. This is open to all. Tickets are not necessary so stay and enjoy the party atmosphere at The Jolly Sailors for as long as you wish
- No official CCC shirt or Gilet. Riders will however be given a simple item at registration which will enable the mechanics and other riders to identify CCC participants
- Bacon sandwiches plus vegetarian option, teas and coffees will be provided at the starts at Nevill Holt and The Jolly Sailor for the riders
- Drinks and snacks will be provided on route at the feed stations
- Free drink for riders on arrival at The Jolly Sailor
All registrations and payments must be received by Friday 14th April 2017